Venue and Location
MMSys 2019 and its co-located workshops will be held on the campus of the University of Massachussetts Amherst on June 18-21.
UMass Amherst, located in Amherst, Massachusetts, sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, 90 miles from Boston and 175 miles from New York City. The campus provides a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers.
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth’s flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. In the Fall of 2017 more than 30,000 students were enrolled which are tought by ~1,300 faculty. UMAss Amherst offers 112 bachelor’s degree programs, six associate’s, 77 master’s and 48 doctoral programs in nine schools and colleges. Research expenditures in fiscal 2017 totaled $219.9 million.
A map of UMass Amherst can be found here.
Directions to Campus
- Bradley International Airport (Hartford - 45 miles South of UMass)
- Logan International Airport (Boston - 90 miles East of UMass)
Airport Shuttle and Taxi Services
- Valley Transporter
800-872-8752, provides airport transportation services
- Seemo Shuttle
413-586-1120, provides shuttle service to and from Bradley, Logan, and New York airports.
- Exclusive Car Service Inc.
877-695-4665, provides private car services to and from Bradley, Logan, and New York airports.
- Bluebird Transportation
413-221-4512, provides airport shuttle and car services from Bradley, Logan, and JFK airports.
- Michael’s Limousine & Transportation Service
800-533-8470, provides transportation services to and from Bradley, Logan, and JFK airports throughout the local area.
- Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA)
413-586-5806 local service is free to students during the school year.
800-229-9424, serves Springfield, Mass.
- Peter Pan Bus Lines
800-343-999, services Amherst, Mass.
For schedules, or call 800-872-7245
Hotels in the Amherst Area
- UMass Hotel and Conference Center - this is the conference hotel. Please use group code MMY19C for special rates (Applicable from June 17th, 2019 to June 21st, 2019).
- University Lodge (0.9 miles)
- Lord Jeffery Inn (1.6 miles)
- Allen House Inn and Amherst Inn (1.7 miles)
- Wilbur Homestead Bed and Breakfast (1.9 miles)
- Courtyard by Marriott (3.7 miles)
- Howard Johnson (3.7 miles)
- Econo Lodge (3.4 miles)
Student Housing - NORTH RESIDENTIAL APARTMENTS - $60.00/person/night
The North Residential Apartments combine the convenience of being on campus with the affordability of Residence Hall living. North consists of suite-like, air-conditioned apartments, each with four single bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. The individual, lockable bedrooms have a twin bed, desk, and bureau, providing you with your own private retreat, while the shared common spaces offer you the opportunity to get to know your colleagues. The kitchen has a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, and stove-top oven ready for your use, but silverware, cookware and plates are not provided. Toiletries are not included. Complimentary parking is available in a surface lot located adjacent to the North Residential Area (Lot 44). Guests will be housed with other conference attendees based on age and gender, but specific suitemate requests and/or accessibility needs can be detailed during registration and will be accommodated accordingly.
Rooms are available in North for $60.00/person/night for the nights of Monday, June 17, through Friday, June 21 (checking-out Saturday, June 22). Rates include linen (two flat sheets, a pillow with case, a blanket, and two towels). Reservations can be completed online during conference registration.
If you wish to learn more about the North Apartments please contact the UMass Conference Services Registration Office at 413-577-8102 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a full list of hotels in and around the Amherst area go here.
Restaurants in the Amherst Area
UMass Dining has several dining options all over campus, ranging from small meals to all-you-can-eat dining halls. You can choose from the list of options available here.
If you would like to try some of the local cuisine, Downtown Amherst presents a variety of options. For a full list of bars and restaurants go here.
Things To Do
- Amherst College Campus (1.8 miles)
- Emily Dickinson Museum (1.5 miles)
- Norwottuck Rail Trail (8.1 miles)
- Town of Northampton (9.7 miles)
- Smith College Botanical Gardens (9.9 miles)
- Puffer’s Pond (2.2 miles)
- Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation (6.9 miles)
- Yankee Candle Village (9.9 miles)
- Quabbin Reservoir (17.8 miles)